Justice Practice Senior Project Manager
This role is located in Chicago, IL
BKV Group seeks a talented, experienced, and expert Justice Practice Senior Project Manager / Architect located at BKV Group’s Government Practice in downtown Chicago. With 15- to 20-years overall experience, the candidate must have a well-rounded architecture experience in all aspects of design and documentation with an emphasis on County Jail and Courthouse projects.
- Provide technical justice experience and expertise to clients and staff
- Manage design process and technical coordination of assigned projects.
- Manage project schedule, staffing, and budget.
- Mentor and guide other members of the team.
- Communicate necessary deadlines to stakeholders including outlines of solutions for delayed or missed deadlines.
- Lead project meetings and discussions.
- Integrate efforts and schedules with all departments of the organization: architecture, interiors, building engineering, and construction administration for each project.
- Strategic in approach – understands and addresses inter-dependencies and real issues.
- Clear definition of requirements (tested by real customer requirements) and timetables.
- Experience managing to deliverables and milestones: on time/within budget/meeting business needs.
- Ability to manage teams/projects and bring them to success.
- Proven experience with projects of similar size and scope.
- Organized and efficient in work processes.
- Pro-active, can-do attitude, active listener and politically sensitive.
- Exhibits fairness, great judgement and trustworthiness.
- Aptitude for building and managing relationships with team members, consultants, and vendors.
BKV Group has a 40+year history of design excellence, winning more than 190 regional and national awards to date. We are passionate about how innovation and creative design can shape communities for the better – enhancing the economic, aesthetic, social, and environmental context. As a holistic national design firm, we bring a full complement of architecture, interior design, urban design, engineering, landscape architecture, and construction administration services together to collaborate from project kick-off to closeout. The diverse perspectives formed from this collaboration help us make better design decisions and are the keys to our success. We value being open, honest, genuine, and thoughtful with each other, our clients, community stakeholders, and consultants.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries, a hybrid work schedule, and continuous opportunities for growth, we give you the tools to achieve your goals. We believe in a collegial, engaging, opportunistic, and fun working environment and are always interested in connecting with talented individuals who share our passion for enriching lives and strengthening communities. Sound like a fit? We want to hear from you!
When applying, please include a digital portfolio, following the directions below. If you have a website that includes your portfolio, you may send a PDF of your cover letter and resume, and the appropriate link(s) for the rest.
Jail and Courts portfolio with the following examples, for which you have primary authorship:
- Completed projects for which you served in a leading role.
- Project examples for which you served in a project manager role.
- Project examples for which you served in a creative leadership role.
BKV Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Click here for further details: Senior Project Manager