senior interior designer
this position is located in dallas, tx
BKV Group seeks a Senior Interior Designer with 10+ years of multifamily housing/hospitality experience to join our team. The candidate must be proficient in Revit and have creative, technical and well-rounded interior design experience in all aspects of design and documentation. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. Interior Designer III responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- Scope / Schedule/ Budget: Reviews project budget with the Director of Interiors at start of project. Develops project work plan to align tasks to be completed with available budget. Communicates scope and budget to junior Interior designers on the project.
- Vision: Develops Visioning / Branding package for client to establish aesthetic direction and Interior Design Concepts for the project. Designer to communicate vision through use of imagery, renderings and concept designs. Communicates Visioning package to project lead for review.
- Programming: Meets with client/project lead to determine program requirements. Designer works with client to understand function, equipment, FF&E and any other factors that will affect the planning of the project interiors.
- Space Planning: Works with Project Lead to determine scope of plan development. Uses program knowledge to develop functional, innovative environment that will enhance the experience for the occupant.
- Finish and Materials: Advises client on appropriate finish and material selections and implements an overall design palette that support the aesthetic goals, budget and functionality of the project.
- Furniture/Artwork/FF&E: Specifies appropriate furniture, artwork and accessories. Assists owner in procurement of furniture as required.
- Coordination: Responsible for communicating design intent of project interiors with other disciplines.
- Construction Documents: Oversees production of documents for bidding. Coordinates with other disciplines for quality assurance, technical accuracy and completeness. Reviews work of junior interior design staff on project for quality assurance. Coordinates with Project Lead to finalize scope of Interiors Construction documents.
- Presentation materials: Develops 3D renderings, rendered elevations and floor plans to communicate design to owner. Reviews presentation materials with Project Lead prior to submitting to owner.
- Maintains a free flow of communication with the interiors staff on assigned projects, as well as the other team members relative to the activities on assigned projects. Confers openly and directly in a respectful and professional manner with all colleagues to develop, clarify and resolve innovative design solutions across all disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from accredited university required, with minimum 10+ years’ experience working in an Architecture/Interior design firm.
- Certified Interior Designer (CID) License and registration required.
- Proficiency with Revit required; basic knowledge of BIM 360 and Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
BKV employees receive excellent benefits and competitive salaries while our teams encourage collaboration and refinement of design. Additionally, the BKV Mentor Program increases professional development and growth in design and communication. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented design professionals collaborating to resolve innovative design challenges, you may be a good fit for this position. Please submit your resume and any work samples you would like to share (PDF of no more than 5MB). Please include your name, desired position and location in the e-mail subject line. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here further details: Senior Interior Designer