Project Manager I
The role is located in Dallas, TX
BKV Group seeks a licensed architectural Project Manager I with 8-12 years’ experience in an architectural firm to join our team. In this position, the candidate will lead a full-service design team supporting our clients primarily on wood-frame multi-family housing project types which may include affordable, senior, student, market-rate, and mixed-use projects under the guidance of the Managing Partner, Senior Project Manager and Director of Project Management. Prior experience with wood-frame multi-family housing project types is required. Additional experience with mid and high-rise multifamily and hospitality projects will be considered. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. Project Manager I responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- Works with the Managing Partner and/or Senior Project Manager in preparing fee letters, fee scenarios, contracts, outline project scope, schedule, and design team budgets.
- Reviews discipline budgets and deliverables in accordance with the contract and maintains identified deadlines and budgets on assigned projects.
- Creates a work plan and completes weekly staff scheduling to uphold project budgets and deadlines.
- Retains and keeps up to date a copy of the client’s design criteria and standards, being thoroughly familiar with their requirements. Works with the team to comply with client design criteria, managing updates and disseminating to all other disciplines, including any variations in the criteria throughout the progress of design and documentation.
- Directly involved in preparation of the contract documents (drawings and specifications) for issuance utilizing Revit and other software as required. Directs other project team members engaged in preparation of drawings and specification documents with outline of tasks and timeline for complete and coordinated 3-D model and 2-D drawing deliverables as required at each phase of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university required. Master’s degree in architecture preferred. 8-12 years’ experience with wood-frame multi-family housing project types.
- Professional registration required.
- Proficient with Revit and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Deltek Ajera software preferred. Must have ability to write reports and business correspondence. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
BKV employees receive excellent benefits and competitive salaries while our diverse professional teams attract excellent team members that encourage collaboration and refinement of design. Additionally, the BKV Mentor Program increases professional development and growth in design and communication. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented design professionals collaborating to resolve innovative design challenges, you may be a good fit for this position. Please submit your resume and any work samples you would like to share. Please include your name, desired position, and location in the e-mail subject line.
Are you a fit for this role? Send us your resume and portfolio; please also note the name of the position and your desired office location in the email subject line. Email address: email@example.com.
Click here for further details: Project Manager I