MechANICAL Engineer I
This role is locatED IN Washington, DC
BKV Group seeks a Mechanical Engineer I (PE) with 1-4 years as a licensed engineer of HVAC and Plumbing design experience to join our team. In this position, the ideal candidate has experience with A/E building design engineering in design and documentation of multi-family, government and corporate commercial/hospitality projects, and can expect to obtain additional experience on a wide range of these project types nationally. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. The Mechanical Engineer I responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- Engineering design of mechanical and plumbing systems including load calculations, ventilation calculations, equipment selection, air distribution systems, plumbing systems, etc.
- Mechanical and Plumbing system modeling and drawing preparation.
- Coordinating the design process of the engineering discipline with other discipline leaders on assigned projects.
- Ensuring the technical accuracy and completeness of mechanical engineering designs and documentation on assigned projects.
- Providing leadership and work direction for Engineers in Training and Designers working on assigned projects.
- Must have a Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited university.
- Professional license required.
- 1-4 years as a licensed engineer (5-10+/- total years’ experience).
- Proficient in Revit, Bluebeam, BIM360, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Trane Trace load calculation software.
- Certification or experience in sustainable building design a plus.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
BKV Group has a 40+year history of design excellence, winning more than 190 regional and national awards to date. We are passionate about how innovation and creative design can shape communities for the better – enhancing the economic, aesthetic, social, and environmental context. As a holistic national design firm, we bring a full complement of architecture, interior design, urban design, engineering, landscape architecture, and construction administration services together to collaborate from project kick-off to closeout. The diverse perspectives formed from this collaboration help us make better design decisions and are the keys to our success. We value being open, honest, genuine, and thoughtful with each other, our clients, community stakeholders, and consultants.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries, a hybrid work schedule, and continuous opportunities for growth, we give you the tools to achieve your goals. We believe in a collegial, engaging, opportunistic, and fun working environment and are always interested in connecting with talented individuals who share our passion for enriching lives and strengthening communities. Sound like a fit? We want to hear from you!
BKV Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Click here for further details: Engineer I