Open positions in Dallas and Washington, DC
BKV Group has a 40-year history of design excellence (and counting), winning more than 170 regional and national awards to date. We are passionate about how innovation and creative design can shape communities for the better – enhancing the economic, aesthetic, social, and environmental context. At BKV Group, we believe in a collegial, upbeat, opportunistic, and fun working environment. We are dedicated to a never-ending quest to identify new talent that enhances our culture and best serves our diverse array of clients.
BKV Group seeks a Mechanical Engineer-In-Training with 2-5 years’ experience to join our team. In this position, the ideal candidate has experience with A/E building design engineering in design and documentation of multi-family, government and corporate commercial/hospitality projects, and can expect to obtain additional experience on a wide range of these project types nationally. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. The Mechanical Engineer-in-Training responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- Engineering design of mechanical and plumbing systems including load calculations, ventilation calculations, equipment selection, air distribution systems, plumbing systems, etc.
- Prepares complete and comprehensive plans, schedules, and details utilizing Revit software for the mechanical construction documents under the guidance of the Director of Mechanical Engineering/Senior Mechanical Engineer. Coordinates the mechanical Revit model with each discipline for a complete and coordinated 3-D model and 2-D drawing deliverable as required at each phase of the project.
- Reviews and approves contractor submittals, responds to RFI’s, and provides necessary support for the mechanical discipline on projects during construction administration phase.
- Responsible for completing work in a timely manner on assigned projects within the scheduled hours.
- Must have Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited university.
- 2-5 years’ related experience in A/E building design engineering.
- Proficiency with Revit required; basic knowledge of BIM 360 and Microsoft Office programs.
As a holistic design firm, BKV Group brings a full complement of architecture, interior design, engineering, landscape architecture, and construction administration services, together, to collaborate from project kick-off to closeout. We believe that teamwork and relationships are the keys to our success. These diverse perspectives, help us make better design decisions. As such, we are committed to being open, honest, genuine, and thoughtful with each other, our clients, community stakeholders, and consultants.
With 200+ employees sharing knowledge across practice sites in Chicago, Dallas, Hanoi, Vietnam, Minneapolis, and Washington, DC, we create relevant and meaningful design solutions that allow our clients’ vision to become a reality. With excellent benefits, competitive salaries, and continuous opportunities for growth, BKV Group gives you the tools to achieve your goals. We invite you to submit your resume and any work samples you would like to share (PDF of no more than 5MB). Please indicate your name, desired position and location in e-mail subject line. For more information, visit: www.bkvgroup.com. Email address: email@example.com
Click here for further details: Mechanical EIT