Interior designer III
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN DALLAS, tX
BKV Group seeks an Interior Designer III with 7-10 years of multifamily housing/hospitality experience to join our team. The candidate must be proficient in Revit and have creative, technical and well-rounded interior design experience in all aspects of design and documentation. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. Interior Designer III responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- Scope / Schedule/ Budget: Reviews project budget with Project Lead and Director at start of project. Works with Project Lead to align tasks to be completed with available budget. Communicates scope and budget concerns with Project Lead and reviews budget status throughout the project.
- Vision: Works with Project Lead to develop Visioning / Branding package for client to establish aesthetic direction and Interior Design Concepts for the project. Designer to communicate vision through use of imagery, renderings and concept designs.
- Programming: Meets with client/project lead to determine program requirements. Designer works with client/project lead to understand function, equipment, FF&E and any other factors that will affect the planning of the project interiors.
- Space Planning: Works with Project Lead to determine scope of plan development. Uses program knowledge to develop functional, innovative environment that will enhance the experience for the occupant.
- Finish and Materials: Works with project lead to develop appropriate finish and material selections and implements an overall design palette that support the aesthetic goals, budget and functionality of the project.
- Furniture/Artwork/FF&E: Specifies appropriate furniture, artwork and accessories. Assists owner in procurement of furniture as required.
- Coordination: Responsible for communicating design intent of project interiors with other disciplines.
- Construction Documents: Develops construction documents for bidding under the supervision of the project lead. Coordinates with other disciplines for quality assurance, technical accuracy and completeness. Coordinates with project lead to finalize scope of Interiors Construction documents.
- Presentation materials: Develops 3D renderings, rendered elevations and floor plans to communicate design to owner. Reviews presentation materials with project lead prior to submitting to owner.
- Maintains a free flow of communication with the interiors staff on assigned projects, as well as the other team members relative to the activities on assigned projects. Confers openly and directly in a respectful and professional manner with all colleagues to develop, clarify and resolve innovative design solutions across all disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from accredited university required, with minimum 7-10 years’ experience working in an Architecture/Interior design firm.
- NCIDQ and CID preferred.
- Proficiency with Revit required; basic knowledge of BIM 360 and Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
BKV employees receive excellent benefits and competitive salaries while our teams encourage collaboration and refinement of design. Additionally, the BKV Mentor Program increases professional development and growth in design and communication. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented design professionals collaborating to resolve innovative design challenges, you may be a good fit for this position. Please submit your resume and any work samples you would like to share (PDF of no more than 5MB). Please include your name, desired position and location in the e-mail subject line. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for further details: Interior Designer III