This role is located in Washington, DC
BKV Group seeks an Electrical Engineer-In-Training with 1-4 years’ experience to join our team. In this position, the ideal candidate has experience with A/E building design engineering in design and documentation of multi-family, government and corporate commercial/hospitality projects, and can expect to obtain additional experience on a wide range of these project types nationally. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. The Electrical Engineer-in-Training responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- Assist with engineering design of the electrical infrastructure, power distribution, communication, lighting and controls, and emergency power systems, etc.
- Prepare complete and comprehensive plans, schedules, and details utilizing Revit software for the mechanical construction documents under the guidance of the Director of Electrical Engineering.
- Coordinate the electrical Revit model with each discipline for a complete and coordinated 3-D model and 2-D drawing deliverable as required at each phase of the project.
- Review and approve contractor submittals, responds to RFI’s, and provides necessary support for the electrical discipline on projects during construction administration phase.
- Responsible for completing work in a timely manner on assigned projects within the scheduled hours.
- Maintain a free flow of communication with the electrical engineering staff on assigned projects, as well as the other team members relative to the activities on assigned projects.
- Confer openly and directly in a respectful and professional manner with all colleagues to develop, clarify and resolve innovative design solutions across all disciplines.
- Must have Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited university. Entry level/recent graduates may be considered.
- 1-4 years’ related experience in A/E building design engineering with the ability to become licensed.
- Certification or experience in sustainable building design a plus.
- Proficiency with Revit required; basic knowledge of Bluebeam, BIM360 and Microsoft Office programs.
BKV Group has a 40+year history of design excellence, winning more than 190 regional and national awards to date. We are passionate about how innovation and creative design can shape communities for the better – enhancing the economic, aesthetic, social, and environmental context. As a holistic national design firm, we bring a full complement of architecture, interior design, urban design, engineering, landscape architecture, and construction administration services together to collaborate from project kick-off to closeout. The diverse perspectives formed from this collaboration help us make better design decisions and are the keys to our success. We value being open, honest, genuine, and thoughtful with each other, our clients, community stakeholders, and consultants.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries, a hybrid work schedule, and continuous opportunities for growth, we give you the tools to achieve your goals. We believe in a collegial, engaging, opportunistic, and fun working environment and are always interested in connecting with talented individuals who share our passion for enriching lives and strengthening communities. Sound like a fit? We want to hear from you!
BKV Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Click here for further details: Engineer In Training