This role is located in Washington, DC
BKV Group seeks an Electrical Engineer In Training with 1-4 years’ experience to join our team. The ideal candidate has experience with A/E building design engineering in design and documentation of multi-family, government, corporate commercial, and hospitality projects, and can expect to obtain additional experience on a wide range of these project types nationally. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. Responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- Assist with engineering design of the electrical infrastructure, power distribution, communication, lighting and controls, and emergency power systems, etc.
- Prepares complete and comprehensive plans, schedules, and details utilizing Revit software for the mechanical construction documents under the guidance of the Director of Electrical Engineering. Coordinates the electrical Revit model with each discipline for a complete and coordinated 3-D model and 2-D drawing deliverable as required at each phase of the project.
- Reviews and approves contractor submittals, responds to RFI’s, and provides necessary support for the electrical discipline on projects during construction administration phase.
- Responsible for completing work in a timely manner on assigned projects within the scheduled hours.
- Maintains a free flow of communication with the electrical engineering staff on assigned projects, as well as the other team members relative to the activities on assigned projects. Confers openly and directly in a respectful and professional manner with all colleagues to develop, clarify and resolve innovative design solutions across all disciplines.
- Must have Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited university. Entry level/recent graduates may be considered.
- 1-4 years’ related experience in A/E building design engineering.
- Proficiency with Revit required; basic knowledge of BIM 360 and Microsoft Office programs.
BKV employees receive excellent benefits, competitive salaries and continuous opportunities for growth. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented architects and engineers, creating exciting environments, enjoy collaboration and challenges, we’d like to talk with you. Please submit your resume and any work samples you would like to share (PDF of no more than 5MB). Please indicate your name, desired position and location in e-mail subject line. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for further details: Electrical EIT