open positions in minneapolis, Chicago, dallas, & Washington, DC
BKV Group is searching for a BIM Specialist with an understanding of how complex aspects of Architecture/Engineering and Revit interact. This person must have a passion for the A/E industry and be willing to work in a fast-paced office environment with multiple project deadlines. Good communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to multi-task and interact with team members efficiently and effectively. We are a holistic firm supporting architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, structural, mechanical/plumbing and electrical engineering as well as construction administration. This position is responsible to support and aide the Project Teams in providing day to day assistance with multi-discipline Revit activities, software support, and maintaining BKV standards/ templates.
- Working with team members and clients to coordinate deliverables.
- Performing initial set-ups for new projects.
- Managing models throughout the design phases.
- Project clash detection (BIM 360 Model Coordination) and provide reports to the Project Team.
- Direct project Revit support for local practice site and other sites as required.
- Revit model reviews (Warnings/Purging/Audit/Content Management).
- Maintaining BKV Revit Standards (Monitor projects for compliance with BKV standards).
- Lead project BIM Kick-off/ BEP meetings (Create agendas and distribute to all project team members).
- Lead project BIM coordination meetings.
- Assist with project close-out tasks (archiving/standard details/project specific Revit content).
- Participation with Revit Leaders group (Attend monthly meetings and assist with various initiatives or resolution of issues with Revit Leaders Group and other BIM Specialists).
- Assist with Revit content creation.
- Assist with and lead Revit trainings (Coordinate with BIM team and other Revit Leaders in developing and leading trainings for all disciplines).
- Assist IT department in computer set-up and maintenance at local practice site.
- Must have two years college or university degree in related field; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associates degree in Architectural Drafting & Design preferred.
- Minimum 6 years Autodesk Revit experience.
- Understanding of Project Lifecycles – Concept/SD/DD/CD/Bidding/CA phases.
- Coordinate effectively and provide solutions to team members of internal and external teams.
- Navisworks / BIM 360 experience preferred.
- Familiar with Office 365 apps / MS Teams.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on related programs and skill sets.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and serve as a resource for staff in all design disciplines.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries and constant opportunities for growth, BKV Group gives you the tools to realize your creativity. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented design professionals, creating exciting environments, enjoy collaboration and challenges, we’d like to talk with you. Please submit your resume. Please include your name, desired position and location in email subject line. Email address: email@example.com.
Click here for further details: BIM Specialist