ArchiteCTURAL Designer II
This role is located in Washington, Dc
BKV Group seeks a talented Architectural Designer II with 4-8 years of related experience to join our team. The ideal candidate has architectural experience in all phases of project design and documentation. Project related responsibilities include the following:
- Assists in planning the layout of projects including determination of functional and special requirements and assists in preparing information regarding design, specifications, materials, color and equipment.
- Prepares complete and comprehensive plans, schedules, and details utilizing Revit software for the architectural construction documents under the guidance of a Senior Project Architect and/or Project Manager.
- Coordinates the architectural Revit model with each discipline for a complete and coordinated 3-D model and 2-D drawing deliverable as required at each phase of the project.
- Assists team members with presentation material for client and other misc. meetings.
Works closely with the project team to support the construction administration phase with responding to RFI’s, submittal reviews, ASI’s and PR’s.
- Professional degree in architecture preferred.
- Proficiency with Revit required; basic knowledge of Bluebeam, BIM360 and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and work efficiently with team members.
BKV Group has a 40+year history of design excellence, winning more than 190 regional and national awards to date. We are passionate about how innovation and creative design can shape communities for the better – enhancing the economic, aesthetic, social, and environmental context. As a holistic national design firm, we bring a full complement of architecture, interior design, urban design, engineering, landscape architecture, and construction administration services together to collaborate from project kick-off to closeout. The diverse perspectives formed from this collaboration help us make better design decisions and are the keys to our success. We value being open, honest, genuine, and thoughtful with each other, our clients, community stakeholders, and consultants.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries, a hybrid work schedule, and continuous opportunities for growth, we give you the tools to achieve your goals. We believe in a collegial, engaging, opportunistic, and fun working environment and are always interested in connecting with talented individuals who share our passion for enriching lives and strengthening communities. Sound like a fit? We want to hear from you!
BKV Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Click here for further details: Architectural Designer II