Experience & Education:
Must have BS degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university. MS degree in Structural Engineering preferred. Professional engineering license required. One to four years related experience as a licensed professional required. Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking the English language. Must have the ability to write reports and business correspondence. Excellent organizational and time management skills required. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public. Must be knowledgeable with some structural engineering software such as RISA 3D/Floor, RAM Steel, ADAPT Floorpro/Edge/Matt, Enercalc, Woodworks, Ramsteel, and Microsoft Office Suite. AutoCAD/Revit experience preferred.
- Analyzes different engineering systems to determine best fit for the owner’s needs as directed by the senior structural engineer or engineering parter.
- Confers openly and directly in a respectful and professional manner with other personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develop design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of calculations and designs for engineering systems and detailed drawings.
- Provides leadership and work direction for engineers in training and designers working on assigned projects.
- Maintains a free flow of communication with the senior engineer, engineering partner, partner-in-charge, and the project manager on assigned projects, as well as other team members relative to the activities on assigned projects.
Are you a fit for this role? Send us your resume and portfolio; please note the name of the position and your desired office location in the email subject line. Email address: hr(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)bkvgroup.com
Click for further details:Structural Engineer I