Experience & Education: Four years’ college or university degree; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A solid “hands on” construction background is preferable to a classroom degree. 15+ years prior experience required. Experience with architectural, mechanical, electrical, structural, and interior design disciplines as well as problem resolution are critical elements of this position. This position requires the firsthand knowledge of most trade skills, a working knowledge of the construction industry and the construction process, a familiarity of the building codes, and a high degree of self-confidence and both oral and written communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret construction business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, codes, governmental regulations, plans, details, and specifications. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present detailed, factual information to, and respond to and communicate with project managers, clients, contractors, code officials, and the general public. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to evaluate a situation accurately, and be willing to act decisively in the best interest of the firm, the project, and the client.
- Works with the Partners, Project Managers, and Discipline Leads and is the liaison between client, contractor, and the design team during the construction administration phase.
- Responsible for construction observation activities on all assigned projects. Observes and reviews the construction of the work in the field to ensure that work complies with the project specific plans and specifications, including owner changes (additional services).
- Observes workmanship of finished installations for conformity to standard and installation requirements with
- Reviews construction documents and specifications with Contractor Project Manager per deviations from specified construction procedures to ensure compliance with regulations governing construction.
- Maintains a free flow of communication with the Project Managers, Discipline Leads, and other members of the
design team regarding the Construction Administration activities on projects.
Are you a fit for this role? Send us your resume and portfolio; please note the name of the position and your desired office location in the email subject line. Email address: hr(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)bkvgroup.com
Click for further details: Senior Construction Administrator