Experience & Education
As the Project Manager II for Government projects, you’ll bring your 15+ years of experience to this role. Responsible for the Government Client project management and coordination of the planning, design and production of projects. Works closely with the Managing Partner to maintain communication with the client throughout the entire process. Communicates clearly with the client and any required decisions that impact design, schedule and delivery of documents. Will Manage information distribution to all disciplines and consultants in a timely manner. Must hold a Bachelor of Architecture or a Master’s Degree in architecture and be a licensed architect. Must also be fluent in English and have the ability to write reports and business correspondence. Present effectively to internal and external audiences. Must also be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have a good working knowledge of Revit. Experience with Deltek Ajera software and Microsoft Project preferred.
- Determines project scope, schedule, and design team budgets. Reviews discipline budgets and deliverables in accordance with the contract. Maintains identified deadlines and budgets on assigned projects.
- Prepares and oversees contract documents for issuance. Implements design and production drawings utilizing Revit. Provides direction to project team members in preparation of drawings and specification documents. Utilizes other required software and equipment as required for management of projects. Manages project teams and workflow utilizing Revit for production of contract documents.
- Maintains regular communication with the client, the Managing Partner and the project team members. This includes chairing project phase kickoff meetings, weekly team meetings, quality assurance page flip meetings, etc. Proper preparation and distribution of all written communications on the project. This includes meeting minutes, weekly budget reports, and recording/tracking of project issues requiring resolution. Provides timely communication and guidance to all disciplines and consultants.
- Recording of project scope changes. Preparation of additional services for tracking and issuance to the client as directed by the Managing Partner, keeping them informed of issues concerning deviations from schedule, costs or design criteria and also informs the client of changes which impact fee and schedule.
- Responsible for the overall management and contractual fee and budgets of the team effort throughout the project. Coordination with discipline leads and project team. Perform regular quality assurance reviews of the documents to ensure the project is being developed in accordance with the contract, deliverables and schedule.
- Ensures quality assurance/technical reviews are implemented as part of the overall project delivery process.
- Adheres to the BKV Code Policy. Works with the BKV Code Specialist to review and document code review requirements. Also meets with the respective authority having jurisdiction to obtain review and approval of the plans for code compliance.
BKV Group is a design firm providing a full complement of architecture, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, and construction administration services. Since 1978, BKV Group has grown from a sole proprietorship into a diverse partnership with practice sites in Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, and Washington, D.C., serving clients locally and nationally. At this juncture in our firm’s evolution, 40 years in, BKV Group is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence.
Are you a fit for this role? Send us your resume. Please also note the name of the position and your desired office location in the email subject line. Email address: hr(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)bkvgroup.com
Click for further details: Project Manager II (Government Projects), Chicago