The Firmwide Graphic Design Manager is responsible for the management and execution of comprehensive brand and graphic design projects for the firm. Collaborating with a team of marketing managers, marketing coordinators, marketing assistants, and business development personnel, the Firmwide Graphic Designer will deliver creative solutions for the firm’s diverse markets, through the development of brand and marketing communications materials. You will manage the BKV Group brand globally, reporting into the Director of Marketing. This is a hands-on role where you will be required to design, lead design direction, and manage the production of the firmwide graphics output. This role can be based in any of our 4 practice sites.
To effectively seize this role, this individual needs to have a proven ability to engage across teams and offices, and drive projects from ideation to execution to produce quality brand design solutions, directly executing them. The main objective of your role is to execute brand design projects across the BKV Group portfolio that support regional, national, and international brand strategy. This means planning, organizing, and implementing consistent design principles and production processes to ensure that the design/production targets are met.
You must have a keen interest in architecture and the built environment, and be ahead of the curve when researching graphic solutions to support new technology applications. The Firmwide Graphic Design Manager will demonstrate exceptional vision, oversee projects from conception to completion, and ensure successful project outcomes.
Experience & Education
Candidates must have a BA or MA Degree in Graphic Design. Six or more years of experience in graphic design, brand strategy, print and digital design, creative and/or marketing (combination of in-house and agency preferred) with multimedia content development, presentation design, and leadership support. Must be an exceptional designer, storyteller, strategist and collaborator, capable of communicating complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences. Exceptional design sense. Excellent leadership, collaboration, and project managing/reporting skills.
Expert at developing concepts to final art work in for 2D, print, and digital applications (3D desirable). Expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier and MS PowerPoint. Photography skills a plus. Must also be a proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communications skills, and attention to detail. Flexible and agile in the face of changing business needs while delivering against aggressive business goals. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment. Can effectively influence senior levels in the organization across regions and functions. Can get things done through formal and informal channels.
- Partnering across disciplines within BKV Group to ensure design assets are developed and delivered with quality, value, and on-time.
- Aligning stakeholders throughout the creative process.
- Regularly reviewing the status of projects with the Firmwide Marketing Team to verify that firm and project expectations are met.
- Supporting the visual identity for specific disciplines and functional markets within the firm, working in collaboration with the Marketing Leaders, cutting across brand and marketing communications.
- Generating creative design proposals (visions, scenarios, concepts) in order to visualize the desired output.
- Participating in research activities and effectively translates firm needs into actionable design requirements.
- Developing and completing graphic and design requirements related to brochures, pitches, digital media, invitations, posters, exhibitions and event materials, presentation graphics, marketing communications, and special events.
- Working with the Firmwide Marketing Team to realize the firm’s strategic objectives through creative ideas and concepts to meet the needs of our business.
- Being a guardian of the brand, working with firm leadership to develop and refine as required.
- Providing creative direction to regional marketing and business development teams across the firm as needed.
- Building creative content that dives engagement in brand across the firm’s business markets and promotes the brands vision.
- Collecting and tracking information for all regional marketing material updates (i.e. presentation decks event materials, brochures, etc.).
- Coordinating and maintaining momentum on projects and events (i.e. track progress on projects, schedule meetings/conference calls, etc.).
- Providing creative ideas and concepts to meet the needs of our business and maintain and enforce branding guidelines.
- Collaborating with creative resources on marketing projects.
- Preparing weekly project status reports.
- Researching new technologies to support graphic storytelling.
BKV Group is a design firm providing a full complement of architecture, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, and construction administration services. Since 1978, BKV Group has grown from a sole proprietorship into a diverse partnership with practice sites in Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, and Washington, D.C., serving clients locally and nationally. At this juncture in our firm’s evolution, 40 years in, BKV Group is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a Firmwide Graphic Design Manager for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Are you a fit for this role? Applicants must submit a comprehensive portfolio (PDF of no more than 5MB) of your work and website to be considered for this position, along with a resume and cover letter. Please note the name of the position and your desired office location in the email subject line. Email address: hr(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)bkvgroup.com
Click for further details: Graphic Design Manager