The Director of Pre-Development Services will coordinate business development efforts in all the DC office’s market sectors, including Housing, Government, Education, and Hospitality. BKV Group focuses on Pre-Development Services to add depth and efficiency to our firm’s holistic practice. This individual will spearhead all business development activity by addressing the first critical stage of a real estate development project. This phase includes identification, evaluation, and owner assistance in the acquisition of potential development sites.
BKV’s Pre-Development Services include:
– Market research
– Identification of potential development or redevelopment sites
– Assistance with site assemblage
– Construction contractor selection advising
– Coordinating client presentations
This position is an opportunity for an experienced business development professional to seize an emerging firm and help translate prospects and client relationships into new business wins for BKV Group by guiding our industry-leading architects and designers in identifying opportunities, developing client relationships, creating capture strategies, executing strategies, and closing work.
The Director of Pre-Development Services will help the DC market sector leaders in the office to establish, implement, and maintain the business development short and long-range plans. This candidate is responsible for driving results to exceed new business contracted goals. This will be accomplished by contributing to PR activities, award submissions, conference coordination, event planning, and social media. Additionally, this individual will continually guide market sector leaders to new opportunities to connect with new and existing clients.
The candidate must promote and establish collaboration and individual leadership within the team to identify, acquire, and retain new and existing clientele and strategic partners. The candidate must also continually evaluate the team’s strategies and effectiveness in planning and winning the work, while implementing processes for improvements based on evidence, observations, trends, and client feedback. The position requires the candidate to initiate and maintain extensive contacts with key clientele and industry representatives, organizations, and companies in the market sectors serviced by the DC office of BKV Group.
This candidate must lead by example, assuming direct responsibility for all business development activities in the Housing, Government, Education, and Hospitality markets. He or she must also assist the broader DC office in properly positioning for new commissions.
The candidate reports to the CEO. He or she will also help the CFO, Director of Marketing, and Director of Professional Services in identifying personnel needs for pursuit teams, evaluating scope and scheduling requirements of opportunities, and transitioning opportunities from pursuits to contracted work. Compensation is base salary plus incentivized and annual bonuses.
- Professional expertise demonstrated through 10+ years of proven ability to drive results that meet revenue and profitability goals. Successful experience in lead generation/follow through, market research, customer relations, pursuit development, and client management in the A/E/C industry.
- Experience in commercial real estate, real estate development, multifamily development, economic development, and/or project management is preferred. Similarly, experience supporting a marketing department in the development of proposals, presentations, and additional marketing collateral is desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Finance from an accredited college or university required. Master’s Degree is a plus. A real estate license or broker’s license is also a plus.
- Ability to build extensive and reputable relations with clients, strategic partners, and community members within DC. This also includes the larger metro area and region. A keen familiarity with DC proper is a requirement.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience is required. Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred. Experience with Deltek Vision CRM is a plus.
- Exceptional self-motivation, customer service orientation, communication, writing, and presentation skills. This candidate will also be asked to assist with development of BKV Group staff to improve client relationship management skills.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, problem solving, negotiation, and decision-making skills. Must also work well with a team and a variety of personalities.
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to become involved in and remain current on issues relating to several concurrent opportunities in various stages.
- Active leader and member of varied professional and community organizations (i.e. CCIM, Chamber of Commerce, BOMA, CORENET, IFMA, AIA, DBIA, SMPS, ASHE, ACHE, etc.)
BKV Group is a design firm providing a full complement of architecture, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, and construction administration services. Since 1978, BKV Group has grown from a sole proprietorship into a diverse partnership with practice sites in Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, and Washington, D.C., serving clients locally and nationally. At this juncture in our firm’s evolution, 40 years in, BKV Group is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a Firmwide Graphic Design Manager for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Are you a fit for this role? Applicants must submit a comprehensive portfolio (PDF of no more than 5 MB) of your work and website to be considered. Please also include a resume and cover letter. Remember to note the name of the position and your desired office location in the email subject line as. Email address: hr(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)bkvgroup.com
Click for further details: Director of Pre-Development Services, Washington DC