BKV Group seeks a talented BIM Manager with 5-10+ years’ experience in a BIM Specialist or BIM Management role, overseeing the implementation of company BIM standards and procedures. BIM support and knowledge of architecture, structural, and mechanical/electrical preferred. This position requires in-depth working knowledge of current BIM (Revit) software versions with emphasis on management and creation of standards/content/families. The candidate must be proficient in Revit. Autodesk Revit Architecture Certified Professional preferred. Experience with Revizto, Bluebeam, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Affinity software, Sketchup and Navisworks preferred. The candidate must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM and Revit related programs, keeping up to date on the latest software releases, trends and news.
- Develop BKV BIM capabilities to meet and exceed the demands of the industry, while formulating long-range goals and objectives to keep BKV at the forefront of software and technology, with support of the Director of Operations and IT Manager. Evaluate the utilization and implementation of BIM and other software needs used by the various disciplines for recommendation and approval by BKV Leadership.
- Establish and implement strategies and goals with the Director of Operations and BKV Design Documentation Standards Group to assist in meeting the goals and objectives of BKV Group for improved efficiency and production. Work with the discipline user group to review issues and establish a basis for implementing BKV established goals and objectives across all practice sites and disciplines.
- Develop, implement and train on standardized BIM/Revit project related process and procedures for delivery of documents at various phases.
- Assist in the production of BKV design documentation phases with BIM Execution Plans, modeling of Revit families/content, creation and maintenance of standard units and details, automating routines to support BKV standards with increased efficiency and productivity in utilizing the software.
- Provide periodic health checks of project models to understand the project team’s knowledge of BKV Design Documentation Standards as well as skills with the software. Notify the Project Manager/Discipline Leads with areas for improvement within the project documents. Develop team member specific training and group training agendas on common themes uncovered via model health checks for areas of improvement in team member’s skills.
- Must have two years’ college or university degree in architectural drafting or related field. Bachelor’s degree in Architecture preferred.
- Must have ability to write reports and business correspondence. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and serve as a resource for all project team members. Must be able to present information in a group setting and be able to respond to questions from managers, consultants, and staff as required.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking the English language.
BKV Group has a 40-year history of design excellence (and counting), winning over 170 regional and national awards for our projects (and counting). We believe in a collegial, upbeat, opportunistic, and fun working environment, and are dedicated to a never-ending quest to identify new talent that enhances our culture and best serves our diverse array of clients.
Are you a fit for this role? Please submit your resume and cover letter. Remember to note the name of the position in the email subject line. Email address: email@example.com.
View the PDF: BIM Manager