Structural Engineer II
This role is located in Washington, DC
BKV Group seeks a talented Structural Engineer II with 5-10 years related engineering experience to join our team to assist with the design of diverse and complex projects in a fast paced and collaborative environment. The ideal candidate has engineering experience in all aspects of design and documentation with leading edge multi-family housing, commercial and local government clients.
The candidate will have numerous professional growth opportunities in all areas of structural engineering and will obtain work experience on a wide range of projects across the United States. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. BKV designs frequently include high-rise concrete and steel, historic renovation/restoration, seismic design, mid-rise cold-formed steel, post tension slabs, deep foundations, pre-cast elements, and conventional wood framing.
- Analyzes different engineering systems to determine best fit for the owner’s needs as directed by Senior Structural Engineer or Engineering Partner.
- Confers openly and directly in a respectful and professional manner with other personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develop design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of calculations and designs for engineering systems and detailed drawings.
- Reports to and submits calculations and designs for review by Senior Engineer or Engineering Partner.
- Provides leadership and work direction for Engineers in Training and Designers working on assigned projects.
- Responsible for completing work in a timely manner on assigned projects within the budgeted hours as supplied by the Senior Engineer or Engineering Partner.
- Oversee the necessary structural design work required on assigned projects.
- Must be proficient with the IBC and ASCE 7 building design codes as well as material specific design codes for steel, concrete, wood, and masonry.
- Maintains a free flow of communication with the Senior Engineer, Engineering Partner, Partner-In-Charge, and the Project Manager on assigned projects, as well as other Firm members relative to the activities on assigned projects.
- Responsible for the design process coordination of the engineering discipline with the other discipline leaders on assigned projects.
- Responsible for the technical accuracy and completeness of the engineering documentation for BKV Group on assigned projects.
- Must have BS degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university. MS degree in Structural Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineering license required.
- Must have ability to write reports and business correspondence. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable with some structural engineering software such as RISA 3D/Floor, RAM Steel, ADAPT Floorpro/Edge/Matt, Enercalc, Woodworks, Ramsteel, and Microsoft Office Suite. AutoCAD/Revit experience preferred.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries and constant opportunities for growth, BKV Group gives you the tools to realize your creativity. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented engineers and designers, creating exciting environments, enjoy collaboration and challenges, we’d like to talk with you. Please submit your resume. Please indicate your name, desired position and location in email subject line. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for further details: Structural Engineer II