This role is located in Washington, DC
BKV Group seeks a Structural EIT to join our team. In this position, the candidate will have numerous professional growth opportunities in all areas of structural engineering and will obtain work experience on a wide range of projects across the United States. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. BKV designs frequently include high-rise concrete and steel, historic renovation/restoration, seismic design, mid-rise cold-formed steel, post tension slabs, deep foundations, pre-cast elements, and conventional wood framing. Responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- Prepares complete and comprehensive calculations, designs and detailed drawings at each phase of the project under the direction of the lead project structural engineer, and in coordination with other structural team members and disciplines on assigned projects.
- Responsible for completing work in a timely manner on assigned projects within the scheduled hours.
- Maintains a free flow of communication with the structural engineering staff on assigned projects, as well as the other team members relative to the activities on assigned projects.
- Must have BS degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university. MS degree in Structural Engineering preferred. Has passed or is taking FE test this year.
- 2-5 years’ related experience.
- Proficiency with Revit required; basic knowledge of BIM 360 and Microsoft Office programs.
- General knowledge base of various structural engineering software such as: RISA 3D/Floor, RAM Steel, ADAPT Floorpro/Edge/Matt, Enercalc, Woodworks, Ramsteel, etc.
BKV employees receive excellent benefits and competitive salaries. Our diverse professional teams attract excellent team members that encourage collaboration and refinement of design. Additionally, the BKV Mentor Program increases professional development and growth in design and communication. If you have an interest in working with talented design professionals collaborating to resolve innovative design challenges, you may be a good fit for this position. Please submit your resume and any work samples you would like to share (PDF of no more than 5MB). Please include your name, desired position and location in the e-mail subject line. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here further details: Structural EIT