STRUCTURAL DESIGNER II
THE role IS LOCATED IN MINNEAPOLIS
BKV Group seeks a Structural Designer II (Revit Technician) to join our Washington, DC practice site. In this position, the candidate will obtain work experience on a wide range of projects across the United States. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. BKV’s structural projects frequently include high-rise concrete and steel, historic renovation/restoration, seismic design, mid-rise cold-formed steel, post-tension slabs, deep foundations, precast elements, and conventional wood framing. Structural Designer II responsibilities include the following, and others may be assigned:
- Prepares complete and comprehensive plans, schedules, and details utilizing Revit software for the structural construction documents under the direction of the project structural engineer. Coordinates the structural Revit model with each discipline for a complete and coordinated 3-D model and 2-D drawing deliverable as required at each phase of the project.
- Responsible for completing work in a timely manner on assigned projects within the scheduled hours.
- Maintains a free flow of communication with the structural engineering staff on assigned projects, as well as the other team members relative to the activities on assigned projects.
- Two or four-year technical college or university program certificate or degree; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years related experience.
- Proficiency with Revit required; basic knowledge of BIM 360 and Microsoft Office programs.
BKV employees receive excellent benefits and competitive salaries while our diverse professional teams attract excellent team members that encourage collaboration and refinement of the design. Additionally, the BKV Mentor Program increases professional development and growth in design and communication. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented design professionals collaborating to resolve innovative design challenges, you may be a good fit for this position. Please submit your resume and any work samples you would like to share. Please include your name, desired position, and location in the e-mail subject line.
Are you a fit for this role? Send us your resume and portfolio; please also note the name of the position and your desired office location in the email subject line. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click for further details: Structural Designer II