This role is loCATED IN Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL, or Washington, DC
BKV Group seeks a Specifications Writer with 5-10+ years’ experience to join our team. The ideal candidate has well-rounded architecture experience in producing quality contract documents for projects while using, maintaining, and developing office specification resources. Project specifier responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- Prepare project manuals for projects.
- Specifications writing and editing.
- Serve as a resource to project teams.
- Coordinate work among in-house disciplines.
- Contribute to process and document standards and quality goals.
- Contribute to specifications resources and initiatives.
- Research new products.
- Retain and keep up to date client specific standards, being thoroughly familiar with their requirements. Work with the team to comply with client design criteria and manage updates, including any variations in the criteria throughout the progress of design and documentation.
- Ensure quality assurance/technical reviews are implemented for specifications as part of the overall project delivery process. May provide internal quality peer reviews of project specifications not under their direct control.
- Professional degree from accredited university with experience in AEC industry; 5-10+ years related specification experience required.
- Minimum CSI-Certified Construction Documents Technologist (CDT); preference for CSI-Certified Construction Specifier (CCS).
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication, CSI practice standards and specifications writing methods and tools, research, working with data and information, coordination with other design professionals, knowledge of construction methods, products, and materials, project manuals and construction documents.
- Experience with Master Spec; familiarity with VisiSpecs ideal.
BKV Group has a 40+year history of design excellence, winning more than 190 regional and national awards to date. We are passionate about how innovation and creative design can shape communities for the better – enhancing the economic, aesthetic, social, and environmental context. As a holistic national design firm, we bring a full complement of architecture, interior design, urban design, engineering, landscape architecture, and construction administration services together to collaborate from project kick-off to closeout. The diverse perspectives formed from this collaboration help us make better design decisions and are the keys to our success. We value being open, honest, genuine, and thoughtful with each other, our clients, community stakeholders, and consultants.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries, a hybrid work schedule, and continuous opportunities for growth, we give you the tools to achieve your goals. We believe in a collegial, engaging, opportunistic, and fun working environment and are always interested in connecting with talented individuals who share our passion for enriching lives and strengthening communities. Sound like a fit? We want to hear from you!
BKV Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Click here for further details: Specifier