This Role is located in Washington, DC, Chicago, Minneapolis, or dallas
BKV Group is a full-service, holistic design firm with Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture and Construction Administration services. BKV Group strives to develop innovative design solutions in our primary market sectors of multifamily housing, government, corporate, hospitality and education. For more information, visit www.bkvgroup.com
BKV Group seeks a Specifier with 5-10+ years’ experience to join our team. The ideal candidate has well-rounded architecture experience in producing quality contract documents for projects, while using, maintaining, and developing office specification resources. Project specifier responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- preparing project manuals for projects,
- specifications writing and editing,
- serving as a resource to project teams,
- coordinating work among in-house disciplines,
- contributing to process and document standards, and quality goals,
- contributing to specifications resources and initiatives,
- researching new products.
- Retains and keeps up to date client specific standards, being thoroughly familiar with their requirements. Works with the team to comply with client design criteria, managing updates including any variations in the criteria throughout the progress of design and documentation.
- Ensure quality assurance/technical reviews are implemented for specifications as part of the overall project delivery process. May provide internal quality peer reviews of project specifications not under their direct control.
- Maintains appropriate records and files.
- Maintains a free flow of communications with the Specifications team, local Directors of Architecture, and other managers relative to duties and activities.
- Must have four years’ college or university degree; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5-10+ years related specification experience required.
- Minimum CSI-Certified Construction Documents Technologist (CDT); preference for CSI-Certified Construction Specifier (CCS).
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication, CSI practice standards and specifications writing methods and tools, research, working with data and information, coordination with other design professionals, knowledge of construction methods, products, and materials, project manuals and construction documents.
- Experience with Master Spec; familiarity with VisiSpecs ideal.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries, and continuous opportunities for growth, BKV Group gives you the tools to achieve your goals. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented architects and engineers, creating exciting environments, enjoy collaboration and challenges, we’d like to talk with you. Please submit your resume and any work samples you would like to share (pdf of no more than 5MB). Please indicate your name, desired position and location in e-mail subject line. Email address: email@example.com
Click here for further details: Specifier