senior structural engineer
this role is located in Washington, DC
BKV Group seeks a talented Senior Structural Engineer with 10-15 years related engineering experience to join our team. The ideal candidate has engineering experience in all aspects of design and documentation with leading edge multi-family housing, commercial and local government clients. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. BKV designs frequently include high-rise concrete and steel, historic renovation/restoration, seismic design, mid-rise cold-formed steel, post tension slabs, deep foundations, pre-cast elements, and conventional wood framing.
- Meet with BKV Group clients to review owner engineering needs and prepare options for owner review and direction.
- Analyzes the design requirements, specifications, and performance requirements to determine the best and most appropriate designs to meet customer expectations, code requirements, and all life and safety considerations.
- Determines feasibility of designing new facility engineering systems or modifying existing systems considering cost, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical factors.
- Provides technical information concerning advantages and limitations which affect long range facility and space planning.
- Confers openly and directly in a respectful and professional manner with other personnel to clarify or resolve issues and develop design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of calculations and designs for structural engineering systems and detailed drawings. Responsible for the technical accuracy and completeness of the project documents on assigned projects.
- Compiles and analyzes operation, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified designs.
- Provides leadership, training and work direction for Junior Engineers, Engineers in Training, and Designers working on assigned projects.
- Signs and seals engineering plans and specifications for assigned projects.
- Responsible for disciplinary budget on assigned projects.
- Coordinates the weekly team scheduling needs in support of the Director for the local DC structural staff.
- Maintains a free flow of communications with the Director of Structural Engineering, the Managing Partner and the Project Manager, as well as other BKV members relative to the activities on assigned projects.
- Responsible for the design process coordination of the engineering discipline with the other discipline leaders.
- Participate with the Director of Structural Engineering in interviewing and onboarding for new DC structural team members. Attend 90-day reviews and annual reviews for the structural staff.
- Performs quality assurance reviews as per the BKV quality assurance process and guidelines.
- Brings forward project and process insights/lessons learned for continuing education growth of BKV team members.
- Must have BS degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university. MS degree in Structural Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineering license required. Structural Engineering license preferred.
- Must be proficient with the IBC and ASCE 7 building design codes as well as material specific design codes for steel, concrete, wood, and masonry.
- Must be proficient with structural engineering software such as RISA 3D/Floor, RAM Steel, ADAPT Floorpro/Edge/Matt, Enercalc, Woodworks, Ramsteel, and Microsoft Office Suite. Revit experience preferred.
- Must have ability to write reports and business correspondence. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries and constant opportunities for growth, BKV Group gives you the tools to realize your creativity. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented engineers and designers, creating exciting environments, enjoy collaboration and challenges, we’d like to talk with you. Please submit your resume. Please indicate your name, desired position and location in email subject line. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for further details: Senior Structural Engineer