Senior Project Architect
The role is located in Dallas, TX
BKV Group seeks a Senior Project Architect with 10-12 years of multifamily housing experience to join our team. The candidate must be proficient in Revit and have technical and well-rounded architecture experience in all aspects of design documentation. In this position, the candidate will work primarily on wood-frame multi-family housing project types which may include affordable, senior, student, market-rate, and mixed-use projects under the guidance of the Project Manager, Managing Partner, and Director of Architecture. Prior experience with wood-frame multi-family housing project types is required. Additional experience with mid and high-rise multifamily and hospitality projects will be considered. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. Senior Project Architect responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- Works closely with the Managing Partner and Project Manager to support the design and technical tasks for small to mid-scale projects.
- Plans layout of project documents and directly collaborates with all disciplines for a unified and fully coordinated design.
- Directly involved in the preparation of the contract documents (drawings and specifications) for issuance utilizing Revit and other software as required. In collaboration with the Project Manager, directs and mentors junior team members engaged in the preparation of drawings and specification documents with an outline of tasks and timeline for complete and coordinated 3-D model and 2-D drawing deliverables as required at each phase of the project.
- Implements the code requirements into the project documents to obtain required permit approval of the plans.
- Works with the project team to support construction services and ensure design intent during construction.
- Maintains a free flow of communication with the architectural staff on assigned projects, as well as the other team members relative to the activities on assigned projects. Confers openly and directly in a respectful and professional manner with all colleagues to develop, clarify and resolve innovative design solutions across all disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required. Master’s degree in architecture preferred. 10-12 years’ experience with wood-frame multi-family housing project types.
- Professional registration preferred.
- Proficiency with Revit required; basic knowledge of BIM 360 and Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public
BKV employees receive excellent benefits and competitive salaries while our diverse professional teams attract excellent team members that encourage collaboration and refinement of the design. Additionally, the BKV Mentor Program increases professional development and growth in design and communication. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented design professionals collaborating to resolve innovative design challenges, you may be a good fit for this position. Please submit your resume and any work samples you would like to share. Please include your name, desired position, and location in the e-mail subject line.
Are you a fit for this role? Please submit your resume and portfolio (PDF of no more than 5MB). Please include your name, desired position, and location in the email subject line. Email address: email@example.com.
Click here for further details: Senior Project Architect