Senior Construction Administrator
This role is located in Dallas, TX
BKV Group seeks a talented Senior Construction Administrator with 15+ years related experience to join our team. Experience with architectural, mechanical, electrical, structural, and interior design disciplines are critical elements of this position. This position requires the firsthand knowledge of most trade skills, a working knowledge of the construction industry and the construction process, a familiarity of the building codes, and a high degree of self-confidence in problem solving and both verbal and written communication skills. Experience with multi-family housing projects preferred.
- Acts as the liaison between client, contractor, and the design team during the construction administration phase.
- Responsible for construction observation activities on all assigned projects. Observes and reviews the construction of the work in the field to ensure that work complies with the project specific plans and specifications, including owner changes (additional services). Observes workmanship of finished installations for conformity to standard and installation requirements with industry standards.
- Receives all project Applications for Payment and reviews for accuracy. Process to appropriate internal personnel for review of percentage of work complete and signature by architect of record or by designated C.A. lead with approval by architect of record under their supervision. Prepare transmittal and process Applications for Payment to Owner for remittance.
- Prepares transmittals, sends approved shop drawings to General Contractor, and uploads approved shop drawings onto file sharing software.
- Logs Change Orders on BKV standard C.A. electronic Project Tracking file. Receives related cost detail, logs on electronic Project Tracking file and send to appropriate internal personnel for review and approval.
- Processes RFI responses to General Contractor and log on electronic Project Tracking file. Receives RFI’s from the General Contractor for review and distribution to applicable design discipline.
- Coordinates the field visits of each discipline and the timeliness of their site visits.
- Follows archive and project close out procedures at the completion of the CA phase.
- Provides ongoing assistance to BKV staff regarding construction administration “Insights.”
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Candidates with solid “hands on” construction experience considered.
- Multi-family housing project experience preferred.
- Familiarity with variety of construction types – wood frame over concrete podium; light gauge framing; cold-formed steel; post-tension concrete; masonry; etc.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to evaluate a situation accurately and be willing to act decisively in the best interest of the Firm, the Project, and the Client.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Bluebeam and various Construction Management software (ex. – Procore, Submittal Exchange, etc.) preferred.
BKV Group has a 40+year history of design excellence, winning more than 190 regional and national awards to date. We are passionate about how innovation and creative design can shape communities for the better – enhancing the economic, aesthetic, social, and environmental context. As a holistic national design firm, we bring a full complement of architecture, interior design, urban design, engineering, landscape architecture, and construction administration services together to collaborate from project kick-off to closeout. The diverse perspectives formed from this collaboration help us make better design decisions and are the keys to our success. We value being open, honest, genuine, and thoughtful with each other, our clients, community stakeholders, and consultants.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries, a hybrid work schedule, and continuous opportunities for growth, we give you the tools to achieve your goals. We believe in a collegial, engaging, opportunistic, and fun working environment and are always interested in connecting with talented individuals who share our passion for enriching lives and strengthening communities. Sound like a fit? We want to hear from you!
BKV Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Click here for further details: Senior Construction Administrator