this poisiton is located in Minneapolis, MN
BKV Group is a full-service, holistic design firm with Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture and Construction Administration services. BKV Group strives to develop innovative design solutions in our primary market sectors of multifamily housing, government, corporate, hospitality and education. For more information, visit www.bkvgroup.com
BKV Group seeks a Mechanical Engineer-In-Training with 2-5 years’ experience to join our team. In this position, the ideal candidate has experience with A/E building design engineering in design and documentation of multi-family, government and corporate commercial/hospitality projects, and can expect to obtain additional experience on a wide range of these project types nationally. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. The Mechanical Engineer-in-Training responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- Engineering design of mechanical and plumbing systems including load calculations, ventilation calculations, equipment selection, air distribution systems, plumbing systems, etc.
- Prepares complete and comprehensive plans, schedules, and details utilizing Revit software for the mechanical construction documents under the guidance of the Director of Mechanical Engineering/Senior Mechanical Engineer. Coordinates the mechanical Revit model with each discipline for a complete and coordinated 3-D model and 2-D drawing deliverable as required at each phase of the project.
- Reviews and approves contractor submittals, responds to RFI’s, and provides necessary support for the mechanical discipline on projects during construction administration phase.
- Responsible for completing work in a timely manner on assigned projects within the scheduled hours.
- Maintains a free flow of communication with the mechanical engineering staff on assigned projects, as well as the other team members relative to the activities on assigned projects. Confers openly and directly in a respectful and professional manner with all colleagues to develop, clarify and resolve innovative design solutions across all disciplines.
- Must have Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited university.
- 2-5 years’ related experience in A/E building design engineering.
- Proficiency with Revit required; basic knowledge of BIM 360 and Microsoft Office programs.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries, and continuous opportunities for growth, BKV Group gives you the tools to achieve your goals. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented architects and engineers, creating exciting environments, enjoy collaboration and challenges, we’d like to talk with you. Please submit your resume and any work samples you would like to share (PDF of no more than 5MB). Please indicate your name, desired position and location in e-mail subject line. Email address: email@example.com
Click here for further details: Mechanical EIT