Interior Designer II
open positions located in dallas, Chicago & Washington, DC
The ideal candidate will be an interior designer with 5-10 years of experience working in an architectural / interior design firm. Previous experience working on hospitality, multi-family housing or corporate work is preferred. Qualified candidates must have a BS/BA in Interior Design from a 4-year program. NCIDQ and CID preferred. Candidates must have the ability to work within a collaborative environment, have excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work on several projects simultaneously and exhibit strong graphic skills. Computer skills required include Revit, Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp or other 3D model skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Scope / Schedule/ Budget: Reviews project budget with Project Lead or Partner at start of project. Works with Project Lead to align tasks to be completed with available budget. Communicates scope and budget concerns with Project Lead and reviews budget status throughout the project.
- Vision: Works with Project Lead to develop Visioning / Branding package for client to establish aesthetic direction and Interior Design Concepts for the project. Designer to communicate vision through use of imagery, renderings, and concept designs.
- Programming: Meets with client/project lead to determine program requirements. Designer works with client/project lead to understand function, equipment, ff&e, and any other factors that will affect the planning of the project interiors.
- Space Planning: Works with Project Lead to determine scope of plan development. Uses program knowledge to develop functional, innovative environment that will enhance the experience for the occupant.
- Finish and Materials: Works with project lead to develop appropriate finish and material selections and implements an overall design palette that support the aesthetic goals, budget, and functionality of the project.
- Furniture/Artwork/FF&E: Specifies appropriate furniture, artwork, and accessories. Assists owner in procurement of furniture as required.
- Coordination: Responsible for communicating design intent of project interiors with other disciplines.
- Construction Documents: Develops construction documents for bidding under the supervision of the project lead. Coordinates with other disciplines for quality assurance, technical accuracy, and completeness. Coordinates with project lead to finalize scope of Interiors Construction documents.
- Presentation materials: Develops 3D renderings, rendered elevations and floor plans to communicate design to owner. Reviews presentation materials with project lead prior to submitting to owner.
- Maintains a free flow of communications with the Project Lead and other staff members relative to the activities on assigned projects.
- Develop and implement a personal development program that will insure future personal growth and development within the Firm and the industry.
- Receives project direction from the Project Lead and Interior Design Partner.
BKV employees receive excellent benefits and competitive salaries. Additionally, the BKV Mentor Program increases professional development and growth in design and communication. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented design professionals collaborating to resolve innovative design challenges, you may be a good fit for this position.
Please submit your resume and portfolio (PDF of no more than 5MB). Please include your name, desired position, and location in email subject line. Email address: email@example.com.
Click here further details: Interior Designer II