ELECTRICAL ENGINEER II
This role is based in Minneapolis, MN
BKV Group seeks a licensed Electrical Engineer II with 10+ years’ experience to join our team. In this position, the candidate must have prior experience with A/E building design engineering and can expect to obtain additional experience on a wide range of projects nationally. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. Responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- Engineering design of the electrical infrastructure, power distribution, communication, lighting and controls, and emergency power systems, etc.
- Prepares complete and comprehensive plans, schedules, and details utilizing Revit software for the electrical construction documents. Coordinates the electrical Revit model with each discipline for a complete and coordinated 3-D model and 2-D drawing deliverable as required at each phase of the project.
- Reviews and approves contractor submittals, respond to RFI’s, and provides the necessary support for the electrical discipline on projects during the construction administration phase.
- Attends OAC and other client meetings as requested by the Director of Electrical; conducts building site assessments and produces required write-ups on existing conditions and recommendations; attends project punch-lists at substantial completion and submits required punch list documentation and field reports, etc.
- Responsible for completing work in a timely manner on assigned projects within the scheduled hours.
- Provides mentorship for Engineers in Training and Designers working on assigned projects.
- Maintains a free flow of communication with the electrical engineering staff on assigned projects, as well as the other team members relative to the activities on assigned projects. Confers openly and directly in a respectful and professional manner with all colleagues to develop, clarify and resolve innovative design solutions across all disciplines.
- Must have an Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited university.
- Professional license required, 10+ years total experience.
- Prior experience with A/E building design engineering required.
- Proficiency with Revit required; basic knowledge of BIM 360 and Microsoft Office programs.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries, and constant opportunities for growth, BKV Group gives you the tools to achieve your goals. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented architects and designers, creating exciting environments, enjoy collaboration and challenges, we’d like to talk with you. Please submit your resume. Please indicate your name, desired position, and location in the e-mail subject line. Email address: email@example.com.
Click here for further details: Electrical Engineer II