Director of Business development
this role is located in Chicago, IL
The candidate will function as the Director of Business Development coordinating business development efforts for all the Chicago practice site’s market sectors, including Housing, Corporate/Commercial, and Hospitality. BKV Group focuses on business development to add depth and efficiency to our firm’s holistic practice by addressing the first critical stage of real estate development. This phase includes identification, evaluation, analysis, and owner assistance in the acquisition of a potential development site.
BKV Group’s Business Development services to CRE Developers include:
– Market research
– Identification of potential development/redevelopment sites
– Project team selection advising
– Coordinating client site studies and presentations
Overall, this position is an opportunity for an experienced business development professional to seize an emerging firm and help translate prospects and client relationships into new business wins for BKV Group, by guiding our industry-leading architects and designers in identifying opportunities, developing client relationships, executing strategies, and closing work.
The Director of Business Development will assist the Chicago regional sector leaders in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the business development short and long-range plans. This candidate is responsible for guiding market sector leaders to new opportunities by connecting and strategically leveraging BKV Group’s services with existing and potential clients. The candidate must promote and establish collaboration and individual leadership within the team to identify, acquire, and retain new and existing clientele and strategic partners. The candidate must also continually evaluate the team’s strategies and effectiveness in planning and winning new projects, while implementing processes for improvement based on research, observations, trends, and client feedback.
The position requires the candidate to initiate and maintain contacts with key clientele and industry partners, organizations, and companies in the market sectors within the region serviced by the Chicago office of BKV Group. This candidate must also lead by example, assuming direct responsibility for all business development activities and assist the broader Chicago office in properly positioning for new commissions. The candidate reports to the CEO and will assist the CFO, Director of Marketing, and National Director of Business Development in identifying personnel needs for pursuit teams, evaluating scope and scheduling requirements of opportunities, and transitioning opportunities from pursuits to contracted work. Compensation is base salary plus incentivized and annual bonuses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Finance from an accredited college or university required. Master’s Degree is a plus. A real estate license or broker’s license is a plus.
- Professional expertise demonstrated through 10+ years of proven ability to drive results that meet revenue and profitability goals through successful lead generation/follow through, market research, customer relations, pursuit development, and client management in the A/E/C industry.
- Experience in the commercial real estate, real estate development, multifamily development, economic development, and/or project management is preferred, in addition to experience supporting the marketing department in the development of proposals, presentations, and additional marketing collateral.
- Ability to build extensive and reputable relations with clients, strategic partners, and community members within Chicago, the larger metro area, and region; keen familiarity with Chicago proper is a requirement.
- Persistent and passionate personality; exceptional self-motivation, customer service orientation, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, problem solving, negotiation, and quick decision-making skills. Must work well with a team and a variety of personalities.
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to become involved in and remain current on issues relating to several concurrent opportunities in various stages.
- Active leader and member of varied professional and community organizations (i.e. CCIM, Chamber of Commerce, BOMA, CORENET, IFMA, AIA, DBIA, SMPS, ASHE, ACHE, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Suite experience is required. Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred. Experience with a Customer Relationship Management tool is required. Experience with Deltek Vision CRM is a plus.
BKV Group is a holistic design firm providing a full complement of architecture, interior design, engineering, landscape architecture, and construction administration services. Our core belief is that regardless of project type, design has a profound impact on the community, and our responsibility as a multidisciplinary firm is to enhance the economic, aesthetic, social, and environmental context of the communities we shape and design. Since 1978, BKV Group has grown from a sole proprietorship into a diverse partnership with 200+ employees sharing knowledge across practice sites in Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, Washington, DC, and Hanoi, Vietnam creating relevant and meaningful design solutions that allow our clients’ dreams to become a reality. For more information, visit: www.bkvgroup.com.
The collaborative and holistic foundation of BKV Group leads to innovative design and one-of-a-kind solutions as we work hand-in-hand with our clients.
WHY WORK HERE
At BKV Group, you will find a culture that embraces innovation and collaboration, and a workplace that focuses on serving our clients, creating place, and treating each respectfully through shared common goals:
o Passionate: Our profession gives us the opportunity and the responsibility to address the most important issues facing our society, and we address them every day in the buildings and spaces we imagine, engaging passionately with issues of equality, safety, community, sustainability, wellness, and more.
o Creative: As creative people, we continually critique, advise, debate, and celebrate meaningful, dynamic, elegant, and beautiful design solutions. Our creativity is a critical resource that BKV Group takes seriously and cultivates intentionally, to ensure our clients’ buildings are perfectly suited to their time, place, and function.
o Innovative: Our market sectors and disciplines are led by designers who are nationally recognized thought leaders in their industry, continually researching ways our end users interact with the built environment, and how the future will impact those interactions.
o Collaborative: Our project management approach allows our staff to engage clients from programming through project closeout, delivering projects on-time and on-budget through open communication, in-depth team workshops, and data-driven decision-making.
o Curious: We describe ourselves as curious people wanting to do great work on challenging projects because, as a firm, we want to consistently contribute the most beneficial services and information to our clients.
o Authentic: Our firm relies on relationships to maintain and grow our business, and to do that most effectively, we commit to being open, honest, genuine, and thoughtful with the clients, stakeholders, and project partners we work with.
Are you a fit for this role? Please submit your resume. Please include your name, desired position, and location in email subject line. Email address: email@example.com.
Click here for further details: Director of Business Development