Director of Business Development
The role is located in Washington, DC.
Must have 10+ years of proven ability to drive results that meet revenue and profitability goals. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Finance from an accredited college or university required. Master’s Degree is a plus. A real estate license or broker’s license is a plus. Experience in the commercial real estate, real estate development, multifamily development, economic development, and/or project management is preferred, in addition to experience assisting a marketing department in the development of proposals, presentations, and additional marketing collateral.
- Establish, implement, and maintain the business development short and long-range goals.
- Promote and establish collaboration and individual leadership to identify, acquire, and maintain new and existing clientele. This incorporates working alongside the marketing team to conduct client and market research to build our network of client touchpoints.
- Continually evaluate the team’s strategies and effectiveness in planning and winning projects, while implementing processes for improvements based on observations, trends, and feedback discovered during marketing, networking, and client-interfacing events.
- Take responsibility for client communication efforts by ensuring on-time delivery and follow-up on site studies and proposals, while consistently scheduling prospective presentations and meetings for leaders to interface with clients and target developers.
- Initiate and maintain extensive contacts with strategic industry partners in the region (including civil engineers, GC’s, zoning attorneys, brokers, and more). This includes joining organizations where our clients and partners invest their time.
- This candidate is responsible for driving results by attending client-centric conferences and industry events, with a specific focus on economic development and research, to connect with new and existing clients to continually guide the market sector leaders to new opportunities.
BKV Group is a holistic design firm, providing a full complement of architecture, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, as well as construction administration services. Since 1978, BKV Group has created customized and innovation design solutions for clients, growing from a sole proprietorship into a diverse partnership with practice sites in Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, and Washington, D.C. Serving clients locally and nationally, BKV Group authors great design, provides thoughtful experience, and delivers on our promise to exceed our clients’ expectations.
Are you a fit for this role? Send us your resume. Remember to note the name of the position in the email subject line. Email address: email@example.com.
Click for further details: Director of Business Development