ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER II
This role is located in Washington, DC
BKV Group seeks a talented Architectural Designer II (Design focused expertise) with 4-8 years’ experience to join our team. The ideal candidate is an energetic and creative architect with a strong passion for the development and creation of early-phase design work in the concept, master planning and schematic design phases. In this position, the candidate will work primarily on multi-family housing project types which may include affordable, senior, student, market-rate, mixed-use, and historic repurposed projects under the guidance Senior Design Lead and Project Manager. Projects may vary in scope from $10 – $250 million with challenging Urban and Green sites. The Architectural Designer II (Design focused expertise) responsibilities include the following and others may be assigned:
- Works with the Senior Design Lead and Project Manager in planning the layout and design of projects with a focus on the Concept, Master Planning, and Schematic Design phases including determination of project functional and spatial requirements, exterior design, unit plan layout, and design, etc. Assists in preparing information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, etc.
- Works closely with the project team to support the follow-through of the design intent throughout the full project process in all phases of design documentation and construction administration. Supports the project team in preparation of the contract documents (drawings and specifications) for issuance utilizing Revit and other software as required.
- Assists team members with presentation material for client and city meetings related to planning approvals and entitlements
- Maintains a free flow of communication with the architectural team on assigned projects, as well as the other team members relative to the activities on assigned projects. Confers openly and directly in a respectful and professional manner with all colleagues to develop, clarify and resolve innovative design solutions across all disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required. Master’s degree in architecture preferred.
- Proficiency with Revit and Adobe software required; basic knowledge of BIM 360 and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
BKV employees receive excellent benefits and competitive salaries while our diverse professional teams attract excellent team members that encourage collaboration and refinement of design. Additionally, the BKV Mentor Program increases professional development and growth in design and communication. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented design professionals collaborating to resolve innovative design challenges, you may be a good fit for this position. Please submit your resume and any work samples you would like to share. Please include your name, desired position, and location in the e-mail subject line.
Are you a fit for this role? Please submit your resume and portfolio (PDF of no more than 5MB). Please include your name, desired position, and location in email subject line. Email address: email@example.com.
Click for further details: Architectural Designer II