Opportunities at BKV Group
We build ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people!
To apply for the following positions, email your resume to HR@bkvgroup.com.
Interior Designer – Washington, DC
Location: Washington, DC
Experience & Education: Must have 4 year BS degree from an accredited college or university. Or, a two or four year technical college or university program certificate or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred that NCIDQ exam complete and licensed and registered Certified Interior Designer (CID). 2-5 years related experience. Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Scope / Schedule/ Budget: Reviews project budget with Project Lead or Partner at start of project. Works with Project Lead to align tasks to be completed with available budget. Communicates scope and budget concerns with Project Lead and reviews budget status throughout the project.
- Vision: Works with Project Lead to develop Visioning / Branding package for client to establish aesthetic direction and Interior Design Concepts for the project. Designer to communicate vision through use of imagery, renderings and concept designs.
- Programming: Meets with client/project lead to determine program requirements. Designer works with client/project lead to understand function, equipment, ff&e and any other factors that will affect the planning of the project interiors.
- Space Planning: Works with Project Lead to determine scope of plan development. Uses program knowledge to develop functional, innovative environment that will enhance the experience for the occupant.
- Finish and Materials: Works with project lead to develop appropriate finish and material selections and implements an overall design palette that support the aesthetic goals, budget and functionality of the project.
Architectural Designer I – Minneapolis
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Experience & Education: Two to four year college or university program certificate or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 4-year design/architectural degree preferred, but not required. 1 to 4 years related experience. Skills required include basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe CS5 and Google SketchUp.
- Prepares project plans (scaled drawings) using computer assisted design software and equipment. Drafting using AutoCAD or Revit.
- Supports project team during construction administration.
- Create physical models using laser equipment or traditional model-making tools.
- Creating 3D computer models using Google SketchUp or similar programs.
- Render project elevations or perspectives using Adobe Software.
Construction Administrator I – Washington, DC
Location: Washington, DC
Experience & Education: Must have an Administrative Program Certificate, Associates Degree in Architectural Technology or Construction Management, or the equivalent education and experience. Preferred 1-3 years related experience. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Maintains weekly update of all shop drawings for projects in CA Phase. Monitors timely returns of shop drawings.
- Logs shop drawing receipt on electronic Project Tracking file.
- Prepares transmittals, sends approved shop drawings to General Contractor, and uploads approved shop drawings onto file sharing software.
- Assists Construction Administrator III in the preparation of project Change Orders.
- Logs Change Order on BKV standard C.A. electronic Project Tracking file.
We have a long-standing tradition of hiring college students who will become our future leaders. As an industry leader, we provide students with excellent opportunities to experience architecture, engineering, interior design, and construction administration.
BKV Group’s internship program is designed to hire college students and provide a hands-on opportunity to experience their chosen profession.
PROFESSIONAL ENTRY-LEVEL OPPORTUNITIES
BKV Group’s leadership believes strongly in continuing to hire the best and brightest college graduates. As BKV Group continues to grow, our business is becoming more diverse. We are constantly pursuing new technologies, industries, clients, and innovative ways to conduct business. It’s an exciting time to work with BKV Group.
BKV Group believes that the most effective integrated building solutions are achieved with a team of core design disciplines that are committed to a collaborative relationship. This philosophy has created BKV Group’s comprehensive service approach with in-house architecture, engineering, interior design, and construction administration professionals. Join our team of over 100 cross-disciplinary, project focused experts!
Email your resume to HR@bkvgroup.com
BKV Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.